The Broken Worlds
“Once in my foolish youth, I asked a Naguirathi spice merchant just why the Rashvok were so despised. I’ll not repeat a word of his verbal froth in the presence of ladies or children.” ~Yajerna, Naye Azeri trader.
The Rashvok body is composed of a muscled, barrel-shaped lower torso held up by four powerful legs and sporting a thick tail, and a muscled upper torso with two burly arms leading to clawed hands. It is topped with a large head with four large white-gray eyes. They are very strong, and can traverse even uneven surfaces with great speed. Although highly mobile, Rashvok are not generally particularly agile, nor are their reflexes the best.
Rashvok take dust baths to clean their scales and rid themselves of parasites, usually doing this once per day if possible. A Rashvok rolling in the grass may be doing this, or he or she may just be rolling in the grass.
Rashvok governmental structure is something of a matriarchal meritocracy. Any adult female may challenge another in power to take over her position in the clan. Groups seldom run more than 30 strong, but there is a fealty system in place which establishes a few large hierarchies, though there is no one single ruler of the Rashvok.
Rashvok have a longstanding hatred for the Naguirathi of the Eastern Continent. It is unclear how this animosity began, but it remains to this day, although Rashvok do not harbor the same amount of hatred.
Although not dependent, most Rashvok love the white saffron grown on the Eastern Continent, which induces feelings of euphoria and physical stimulation in a Rashvok who consumes it. Rashvok happily trade mined gold and silver ores to the Naye Azeri in exchange for it.
Game Rule Information (pending Blydden’s approval)
- +8 Strength, +4 Constitution, -4 Dexterity, -2 Charisma.
- Large size. -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Base land speed: 40ft
- Natural Weapons: 2 Claws (1d6).
- +4 Will saves vs Fear: Rashvok are thrilled by danger, not frightened by it.
- +4 Racial bonus on Balance checks.
- Racial Hit Dice: A Rashvok begins with four levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 4d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skills: A Rashvok’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 7 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Intimidate, Listen, Spot, and Survival.
- Racial Feats: A Rashvok’s monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats.
- Favored class: Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +0.